Read what our customers have to say about it
Resource Management Software: See the Future with WorkOtter
Resource Management Software
What Makes WorkOtter’s Resource Planning Tools the Best Fit for You?
Resource forecasting has minimal value unless you get everyone on board.WorkOtter gives project managers the flexibility to use complex workplans or no workplan at all. Leverage WorkOtter’s multiple forecasting methods and allow each project manager to choose a method that best suits their approach.
- Team Forecasting (Simply set the amount of time each team member spends on the project)
- Resource Plan (project managers “ask” for resources and resource managers “give” them)
- Workplan Only (Get your forecast directly from items in your workplan)
- Team/Workplan Hybrid (Combine Team and Workplan forecasting to get the best of both worlds)
- No Forecasting (For projects you may not want to take into account)
No other software offers such flexible project-by-project forecasting, even enabling you to switch between options (you can start with one type of forecasting then switch to another and another). WorkOtter is a project resource management solution even project-averse managers will love.
RESOURCE PLAN FORECASTING
Resource managers told us, “We need to be able to assign resources to projects based on the needs of project managers, and we need the ability reassign and split up assignments between multiple resources.” WorkOtter has an innovative ASK and GIVE module that does just that:
- Project managers ASK for required resources
- Resource managers GIVE resources from their intuitive dashboard
- WorkOtter’s resource reporting shows who is available and who is at full capacity (or overbooked)
- Compare estimates to actuals and see if resources are being used efficiently
Use WorkOtter’s customizable resource management dashboards and reports, and easily distribute them to give you the knowledge to succeed.
BALANCE SUPPLY AND DEMAND
The end-all-be-all of project portfolio management (PPM) for an organization is to know their capacity (by role) and demand, and use that knowledge to maximize output and costs. WorkOtter helps companies do this through:
- Intuitive supply and demand reporting
- Visuals that show where time is being wasted
- Associating costs to roles, individual resources, and projects to lower estimated and actual budgets
- Revealing under-utilized resources who can be re-directed to high priority projects
OVER A HUNDRED ROBUST DASHBOARDS AND REPORTS
Successful companies need easy-to-use, appealing, and interactive reports to develop their key performance indicators, and become more agile. In our 20+ years in the project portfolio management software space, we have developed over a hundred pre-built reports that are just what our customers asked for. WorkOtter delivers:
- Over a hundred reports build specifically for our customers
- Incorporate filters, groups, visualizations, drilldowns, links, and more to make reports interactive and engaging
- HTML5 animations allow you to hover over items and reveal additional details
- Set report security so that only certain users can share, edit, create, and view reports
- Save/Download reports and dashboards in seven different formats including CSV, Word, Excel, and PDF, and send them to whoever you want (regardless of whether they use WorkOtter or not saving money on licenses)
- Automate reports to send directly to your email each hour, day, week, month, quarter or year, and get alert reports that will keep you on top of time and cost overruns
Every WorkOtter Account Includes (No Extra Charge)
WorkOtter is hosted in a top tier, all steel frame, secure building. It is one of the largest facilities in the central United States. We designed our own cloud once we realized that public commercial clouds were slower, less secure, and more susceptible to performance issues.