WorkOtter utilizes banking grade, non open source SSL encryption and is SOC2 (formerly SSAE -16 and SAS70) and U.S. Department of Commerce Safe Harbor Certified. We use only Oracle database services for further security, performance and up-time.
Project Management Scheduling Software
Project Scheduling Software
Here are the top reasons our customers tell us why they chose WorkOtter.
The top reasons our customers tell us WorkOtter is one of the most popular project scheduling and management software programs:
SIMPLY AWESOME MICROSOFT PROJECT INTEGRATION
Love it or hate it, Microsoft Project .MPP files are the defacto standard for project plans. Many WorkOtter competitors offer one way import with some versions. WorkOtter is the only PPM vendor (including even Microsoft Project Server) to offer full 2-way integration including:
- Upload and sync 2003 through 2013 versions of project plans
- Builds WorkOtter Gantt, Web timesheets, and Updates forecasts through the enterprise
- Time, Resources, and Generic Roles Auto Sync back to MS Project
- Baselines in project show in WorkOtter
- Track Agile work types, CapEX, Billing, and Go-Live Milestones (even MS Project can’t do this independently)
Even if you don’t own a copy of MS Project you can sync the plan to WorkOtter and we will build out the web-based plan for you (great when working with contractors). Turning your MS Project plans into an enterprise resource and portfolio solution just got a lot easier (and infinitely less expensive).
BUILT IN HTML5 GANTT PROJECT SCHEDULING
For every PM that loves Microsoft Project, others quickly become frustrated and lose productivity. WorkOtter allows you to use a web-based “MSP like” light HTML5 project planner. Start with a template, import a MSP plan, or create it from scratch. Most loved features include:
- Drop/drag to move work, create dependencies, and update work percent complete
- One click chats, documents, baseline, EVM, and CPM
- Inline edit on the grid side
- Setup projects as Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, or Custom work types and hierarchy
- Expand, collapse, and adjust the interface to match your work style
All this (and more) in a “desktop like” experience with ribbon bars, context menus (right click), and features you would expect in a project scheduling software system infinitely more expensive than WorkOtter.
WorkOtter has class leading issue, risk, change, action, and support items as well as integrated workplan scheduling. Regardless no one wants to setup every project from scratch. WorkOtter allows you to create project templates directly (or as a copy of a past successful project). The templates can contain any of the following for ease of reuse:
- Workplan (including duration, work, dependencies, and assignments)
- Action items
- Generic Roles (and proficiencies)
- Team members (and their roles on this project)
SUPPORT FOR AGILE, WATERFALL, SCRUM, AND CUSTOM WORKPLANS
Some projects are well understood and easy to estimate. Others are exploratory efforts that have never been done before and there is no way to identify the end requirements (or they are changing rapidly). Companies need project scheduling software that’s flexible enough to adapt to Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, XP, or any custom methodology but still work with:
- Microsoft Project Integration
- Resource Management
- Project Workflow
- Project Status and Dashboard Reports
Every WorkOtter Account Includes (No Extra Charge)
WorkOtter is hosted in a top tier, all steel frame, secure building. It is one of the largest facilities in the central United States. We designed our own cloud once we realized that public commercial clouds were slower, less secure, and more susceptible to performance issues.